Friday, 28 February 2014

It's so snowy here!
January 5-7, 2014

It started to snow on Sunday and then the wind began to blow on Monday! Dave and I were excited to see some wintery weather as we just don't get that here but I am sure the rest of those around us were not so into it as we were.  Turns out it's been quite the winter for them!
Sunday after second service we went for coffee to Jenn and Jack's to say good bye to all of their cute little people...and Jenn & Jack too!
Monday morning the wind came!  And man was it cold!
Dave did lots of shoveling to keep the front steps clear.
Joni and Dave came for dinner to Mom and Dad's and brought their cute little people with them! 
Cold and blowy!
Griffin, Riley and Silas.

Grandpa is always a favourite with the boys!
Mom's kitchen.
That evening Dave and I went to Uncle Grant and Aunt Margaret's for a visit. When we left Mom & Dad's their driveway was clear....

This is what it looked like when we got home a few hours later.  When Dave turned off the road into the driveway I told him he would need to gun it and don't stop until he was through the snowdrifts. 

Time for more shoveling Dave....
Dad on his way out.....
.....to do some snow blowing!  A never ending job!

On Tuesday Dad and Mom drove Dave and I to Hamilton.  This was supposed to be the day Dave went home but with all this bad weather Dave's flight was cancelled.  We had anticipated this so we changed his ticket to Thursday and moved mine to Thursday instead of the original flight on Friday.  This way we could fly back home together and we wouldn't need to be at the airport on two different days.  
This is the road conditions we had to drive in!
Drifts across the road...
....and some poor visibility.
We made a pit stop in Fergus to the Dutch store and then headed out to Hamilton.

There was a lot of snow on the side of the roads and the sidewalks were dug out.  You had to climb over the piles to get from your car to the sidewalk. 
It was a little tricky getting into the truck.
We spent our last 2 days with Julia and Henry.  I was really not feeling well and neither were their girls so we stayed home mostly and played some games. I didn't feel like doing much with a bad cough, sore throat, stuffed up head, fever and just feeling crappy!

We flew out of Hamilton on the way home and landed in Abbotsford.  That was a real treat to be going to small airports.  No big line ups!

The flight home was good.  Because we came home on Thursday instead of Friday the kids were still gone and I had a nice quiet Friday until I picked them up from school.  Good to go away but good to come back home too.

No comments: