December 6, 2014
The theme for our Homegroup Christmas social this year was Italian Night.
Everyone was asked to take something Italian...
We had:
Antipasto - bread with dipping oils and vinegar, yummy snacking sausage
Salad
Zuppa Toscana
Pasta: Fettuccine, Italian Sausage Ravioli, Butternut Squash Ravioli, Italian tomato meat sauce and Alfredo sauce.
Gelato cake
Oh and Bellini's and Italian wine yet too!
It was a feast and oh so much fun!
I had made most of the pasta before hand. Even made some gluten free pasta too.
Some of the girls wanted to learn how to make pasta so I saved making some so that I could demonstrate the process.
Yes that was done while having antipasto, Bellini's and wine!
Step 1: Blend and kneed dough
Step 2: Let it rest....while that rests go shop in Dave's shop for Christmas stuff to decorate your house! This is a very important step!
Step 3: Use my handy, dandy pasta roller! I really, really LOVE my Christmas gift from last year! So do the kids and Dave because they get super yummy pasta now!
Step 4: Cut pasta to desired shape....linguine, spaghetti, fettuccine, whatever.
I chose Butternut Squash. I had prepared the filling the day before so that it could be cold.
MMMmmmm.....I can hardly wait to eat these little bits of yummM!
Step 5: Because I made these a day earlier I put them into a Ziploc bag and froze them. You can save them in your freezer for a few weeks too...if you can have them last that long without gobbling them all up!
Mr. Bellini maker!
Step 5: Cook and eat some delicious pasta!
We are so blessed to have the Homegroup we do. Over the years we have developed some great relationships and it was such a joy to share this sit down dinner with them!
We set up a large table in the dining area and spent hours chatting, laughing, eating and cherishing our time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment