Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Okay...some of you have been bugging me...telling me that my blog has been quite boring and that I need to do an update. Apparently you don't have a good book going and need a good read. Don't know if I can help but here's an update anyway.
I'm sad to say that I really haven't taken too many pictures this past month. I know...not many of you will believe me when I say that but really it's true! We haven't had any large events going on, nothing major to take pictures of, no really warm and sunny days to brag about to Ontario family while they are having snowstorms,
nothing...
This is all I've got to blog:
This past winter we sold our travel trailer and began our search for one to replace it. We found one we liked, picked it up a couple of weeks ago and here it is. I won the battle for the layout we ended up with. It has a walk-around queen bed in a semi-separate bedroom, a Jack and Jill bunk, a table that we don't have to put down, a couch - the issue I won on - and a bathroom...'cause we can't go camping without a toilet...yes, it's for me as much as for the kids! We are very excited to have it and can hardly wait to go camping. The first trip is to be in May for the long weekend at Rolley Lake Provincial Park with 6 families from church.


I've been working still...and this is a shot of Matthew in class observing some plants with a magnifying glass...a little scientist at work. It's fun being in his class...he's going to have so many kindergarten pictures since his mom comes to school with him every day! Isn't he just so lucky?



Here's the next budding scientist. Jake planted some bean seeds in class and we have managed to keep the plant alive. Pretty good for us. We killed Nicole's pumpkin plant...the kitchen window sill must have been too cold for too long this winter. Well, not only did we keep the plant alive but it produced a bean yet too. It looks all wrinkly because we cooked it up so that Jake could eat it.


I've been busy too. I made this picture to put on the mantle above the fireplace. I found the words quite a while ago and was going to put them directly on the wall but when I got them after ordering them in, I realized that they would look way too small in the larger space that we have. Then I started to picture things in my mind and found the tree in the Stamping Up catalogue. The words and the tree are both wall transfers. I custom ordered a canvas frame from the local art store...one of my most dangerous places to go...and stretched the canvas over the frame, painted it up and stuck the transfers on it. I am quite pleased with the final product and I got to feel like an artist for a bit again. The kids were impressed with the whole look of me with my painting on my easel painting on the deck in some finally warm weather.



On Good Friday Matthew had a little friend, Logan, come to play with him for a bit. They took Jake's remote control car out to the street and had a blast!







While the boys were playing with the car I took Nicole and her friend, Maya, for a little photo shoot. They graced me with some lovely cheesy pictures!




I just LOVE this shot...only a weirdo would love it, but I do.
Nicole's dirty little half painted toes and a pretty little cherry blossom!


And now....proof that maybe, just maybe we have SPRING! Finally! The weather is beginning to stay warmer, I can hang the laundry on the line and it's dry by the end of the day, and the flowers are really starting to pop up in the garden. I am so excited. I bought a LOT of bulbs this past fall, planted them and now they are all coming up. I was a bit worried because when I pulled them out of their bags to plant them some of them were a bit mouldy. Oops...stored them in a spot that was too warm. Well, I didn't really think that they would live but they did! and here's proof! The crocus' are almost done, the daffodils are in full bloom and the other purple one...muscari. The tulips are really growing now that we have had some warmer weather but it will be little bit, I think, before they flower. Those are the ones I can hardly wait for to flower...my all time favourite flower! and I planted LOTS of those!



SO, there you have it...a new blog entry...stop bugging me and I promise, I really do promise.....

....to take LOTS more pictures in the coming days and weeks!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Love the toes shot. Love the canvas. Verne says "That sucker is huge!" about the trailer. Nice update.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the update Jac...It is nice to see something new once and a while!! You just started drying your clothes on the line now? You must live in rainy BC...I had 2 lines dry today!!! Nice flowers and I like the toes shot too...

Henry and Jules said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the canvas...can you make one for me too??? Thanks for finally updating your blog!