Yes, soccer season is here...in fact it's almost over by the time you read this. The kids once again enjoyed another season of soccer. This year it was rainy and cold most of the time. Nicole is ready for it to end. Jake and Matthew could go on forever I think. They all have tried their best and had fun doing it.
Jake was on the Mad Carrot team. I know silly name but what do you expect from Gr 3 and 4 kids? His team was very strong and always gave the opponents a good game. Jake really enjoyed playing goal. I don't know why though. It looks kind of boring to me. I guess the glory of saving that mega goal does it for him. He did play out field too where he had some fancy moves, saves and goals.
Nicole was on the Purple Pythons. Their team did well. Won some, lost some but they were always competition. Nicole wasn't impressed that she didn't have any girlfriends from her class on her team but she managed to have fun anyway. She too gave some great effort and even scored her team's first goal of the season. I think the sweetest part of that was that the goal was against Jake's team, although Jake wasn't in net at the time!
Matthew's team was called the Red Scorpions. A bit of a strong name for K and Gr 1 kids but they liked it. Matthew was the all star of his team. Some other parents may beg to differ but I disagree with them! He sure had some fancy moves, spectacular break away saves and a lot of goals. The competition was fierce in his level. On every team there were some friends from school that he had to outshine. There's nothing better than scoring against a competitive friend or two and Matthew's not short of those! He's the smallest of the 5 but certainly not a push over! You should have heard the Gr 1 trash talk throughout the week and even in the middle of the games! They are going to be trouble when they get older....but then again if they all stay in the same town they'll eventually end up on a team together at some point!
4 comments:
I got to show Julie these. She will be shocked to see how big Jake is.
It would be interesting to see Matthew and Jordan play soccer together!!! I think they are related!!! I wonder where that competitiveness comes from???
Anne-Marie
Definitely not our side of the family Anne-Marie...our girls aren't that competitive on the field! LOL!
Maybe not your girls but you sure are competitive Julia!
Post a Comment