Fort Langley - February 20, 2012
Nicole's class FINALLY had a field trip on a Monday so there was no excuse for me not to be there......or so I was pretty much told by little miss. So I went with. It was a long day but interesting and fun to be there for Nicole. I never made it to any of her trips last year so when this one came around she was sure to let me know that I should go! I had gone on this field trip with Jake's class but this time around there was a bit of a different twist to it.
The whole class.
We had to wait for a bit before we got to go in so Mr. Scholtens had the class get good and close to get them to sit on each other's laps! The girls could do it but the boys could not!!
There were some fun things for the kids to do. Here Nicole is using a rock to sharpen another rock to make a knife the way the 1st Nation's people did long ago.


Next it was use a rock to bang a whole into another rock to make a net weight.

Next it was use a rock to bang a whole into another rock to make a net weight.
Playing a fun game. Roll the little disc shaped piece of wood in between 2 iron posts. See which team could get the most through the posts. The girls won again!
Our leader showing some iron blacksmith craftsmanship.


Trying on a beaver felt hat and feeling the fur of all the fur pelts.


Posing again, this time from the other end.

Trying on a beaver felt hat and feeling the fur of all the fur pelts.
Posing again, this time from the other end.
No comments:
Post a Comment