Saturday, 25 February 2012

Sun Peaks - February 3-5

As a Homegroup we decided to go on a little ski get-away...............without the kids!
We chose Sun Peaks Ski Resort as the destination. Hilary found a great 'home' that would accommodate all of us quite comfortably. Dave and I ended up in the bunk room! That was romantic!
We all chose a meal to take care of and were super well fed. It felt like we were in a restaurant for each and every meal!
All in all we had a fabulous time! The weather was amazing, super sunny and balmy temps! It felt like spring skiing.
The company was just as fun too! Not everyone in our Homegroup could make it and we sure did miss you. Maybe next year? After the fun we had this year I think it should be a yearly thing!

Here's the group:
Kees & Tash, Sprout & Hilary, James & Michelle, Dave & Jac and Rod & Linda.

I wasn't too sure if I was going to be able to ski as I had sprained my ankle just 2 weeks before but once I managed to jam my foot into my boot it felt like a cast and off I went. Didn't hurt as long as I didn't plow into anyone! Sorry Dave. It would swell up pretty good after a day of skiing but with a little ice it was no worse for the wear.

Linda and I

The girls.....Michelle, Tash, Jac, Hilary and Linda

They guys....Dave, Rod, Sprout, Kees and James

After a great day of skiing we had a good soak in the hot tub, enjoyed a fabulously yummy meal and then just hung out, played some cards and had a ton of good laughs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well - now I'm sadder we couldn't make it....
De-lurking :)
CV