November 22, 2013
We gave Matthew a day off today. He has been itching to stay home but has only asked the first day this whole process started! Not bad for someone who is usually so very persistent when he has an idea in his head. It has been our intention to give him a day off but we wanted to make it worth his while. Dave asked Wes what day he thought would be a great day for Matthew to stay home. Today was the day. He started the day by helping Wes get set up. It was really cold out....below 0 even, that's cold for us!
Wes' mobile office.....
The next thing Matthew moved on to do was rip the forms off the sidewalk. This didn't seem to interest him too much but he did stick to it for a while. He came in when his hands were too cold to move. His hands are getting pretty dry and sore with this cold weather but like usual he doesn't complain, just keeps on going.
Checking out the plans.
I had to go across the border to pay a work bill for Dave and get some gas, dairy and a cheap bottle of wine! I took Matthew with me...I can take more back that way....
When we got back Wes had the perfect job for Matthew. He got to use a power nailer to nail the earthquake things to the walls. It didn't look too exciting to me but to Matthew it sure was. He got to use one of Wes' power tools!
He got it quickly and went to work. THIS kept his attention for quite a while.
Dave was home early today so he helped Wes sheet the last wall.
And the walls have been sheeted. Pretty much ready for the trusses to come. They were supposed to come on Monday but Wes' helper cannot be there that day so they are scheduled to come on Tuesday instead. I am very happy about that because then I am home. I don't work on Tuesday!
3 comments:
Thanks for taking so many pictures to keep us up to date! It is almost as good as coming over every other day or so to check it out.....almost...except we don't get the coffee and the chat....
oh yeah and the coffee is something good around here. you should come and have some!
sigh.....so wish I could!
Post a Comment