Friday, 28 August 2015

Table
May 9, 2015

Dave and Matthew working very hard on my Mother's Day gift....shhhhh....don't tell me what it is!
Nicole....painting away.  


We were given, yes given, an oak table and 6 chairs complete with 2 captains chairs yet too!  They were emptying out their mom's house and they didn't need the table and chairs.  It needed some love and care but was really in great shape.  Our table and chairs were really nothing to brag about and who's going to miss out on free?  Not me. 
It's going to be a lot of work and I've never taken on a project like this before but here we go....
And here you go....the finished product.  Yes, I painted 2 chairs red!  And I love how it looks!  We stained the top of the table dark and did a light grey for the rest of the table and chairs and it looks great in our house!
Now....for the payment....all that was asked of me for the table and chairs was a couple of bottle of wines sitting around the table when it is done.  We'll have the VanOosten family over for some yummy wine and I think I'll throw in a pasta dinner along with the wine!

No comments: