Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Sunny White Rock - March 23, 2011


Oh happy day, a sunny day in the middle of the spring break! We took full advantage of the most gorgeous day and headed out to the beach. Carolyn, Wendi, Linda and I met in White Rock for a day of relaxation and catching up! The kids were thrilled to be together with their cousins and I was happy to park myself in a lawn chair, chat with the sister-in-laws and soak up some much craved sun rays. To make it all that much better, I checked the weather forecast for Ontario and they were having a snowstorm while we were having the most beautiful day in a long time!


Jake always finds an interesting place to climb! Can you find him?



Tee shirts and bare feet!



Jeffrey in his own little world.



There they are, all 10 beach bums!

Kaylee, Nicole, Jenna, Taylor, Elizabeth, Matthew, Ethan, Jake, William and Jeffrey.





Kaylee, Kaylee, Kaylee.....you little adventure seeker!












Our great little spot on the beach! We look cold but it really was perfectly warm.



Yup, Jake likes to climb!






Sunny little beach girl!



While we were there a lot of track workers and their fascinating machinery came buy to repair the tracks. Matthew was glued to these rails as they did their job. Perfect boy entertainment. We had to peel Matthew, William and Jeffrey away.






Gettin' comfy with a snack and my chair!



Taylor was super busy making us some oh so yummy sand cupcakes!



Matthew and William off and about chattin' up a storm!



Kaylee, is that more dirt I see? This time all over your face!



Our 3 beach bums. This was the picture I sent to Ontario to rub in the fact that we were having a great weather day and they weren't! Oh so mean but they got me back a few weeks later!





We treated the kids to some ice-cream. That poor man in the ice-cream shop.....invaded by 10 kids!








All the rest had to leave earlier than I did so we stayed for a couple of hours longer to enjoy the beach. Jake, Nicole and Matthew went to the tides edge and I had a blissful hour of my Sudoku puzzles! We tried to convince Dave to meet us there for a dinner on the beach but we didn't succeed. Oh well, I am sure we will have more sunny days this year!

No comments: