Party #1 - June 5, 2009
There are 2 other girls in Nicole's class at school that have a birthday just before her. We, as moms, thought it would be a good idea to have the 3 girls' parties together. We decided to have it at our house. There would be 16 girls all together. Were we crazy or what? I was, especially since I worked on Mon and Wed, had Rubin on Tues, went on Nicole's field trip on Thurs, went on Jake's field trip all day on Fri and then had the party here that same afternoon. Yup...I was nuts and a bit overwhelmed to say the least by the time the party was over and all the girls were gone home. For the party we ordered pizza in for dinner and I made the cake. The cake was a story all on it's own. I love to make fancy cakes for the kids for their birthdays and Nicole's birthday was not going to be an exception. I started out by thinking that I would like to make a purse cake...not a difficult thing I thought. Then I thought it's so stinkin' hot these days, I don't want to bake a cake and make the house even hotter from the oven so I bought some ice cream to decorate an ice cream cake. Not a good idea...it was so hot that even ice packs wrapped around the ice cream could keep it from melting, and besides the icing wouldn't stick to the ice cream. So...I ended up baking a cake after all but as I was taking them out of the loaf pans one of them fell apart. I just about cried...this was at 9:30 at night...what was I going to do? Well, I decorated one of the cakes...into a very poor looking purse and Dave said he would pick up an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen on Friday. What a sweetheart he is! The girls thought it was still pretty good but I don't like the final product. Not my best work!
Nicole wanted to have a girlie girl party so we planned to have some make up, nail polish and even did the girls' hair...put beads at the end of a tiny braid. It was pretty much chaos but the girls had fun...they do need practice with putting their make up on though.

Nicole, you may need some lessons one day...
2 comments:
Hey Jac, I don't think the cake looks too bad! Sure beats some of my creations!
Hi Jac: I know it was a little hard on you but I sure appreciate that you hosted this year - I promise that I will host again soon - I hope :) Thanks for the wonderful party Love, Deb
Post a Comment