Sports Day was different this year...I had to go along with the Kindergarten class. It was fun to be a part of Matthew's first Sports Day all day but I then missed seeing Jake and Nicole. I tried my best to get glimpses of them all day and even managed to get some pictures of a few of their events but not enough to suit me. What really upset me was that I didn't get to see them doing the biggest event of the day...the long distance run. They do quite well in that event and it's fun to be a part of their excitement. Jake did well, I think ending up in 5th place, Nicole was once again beaten by the same girl of last year to get a 2nd place finish and Matthew had some pretty stiff competition and I think he was 4th. I felt quite torn all day and hope that next year I will manage to see all 3 of them equally. Oh well, they had a super fun day even though mom couldn't be there to take many pictures of them...probably didn't bother them in the least! What I did do though is make them do the long jump again at the end of the day after all the other kids had already gone home so that I could get some action shots.
Jake was a member of the Octacellies.
And Nicole was a member of the Octacellies too.
Here's what I captured of Jake! Tugging his hardest at the tug-of-war and a jump at the long jump pit.
Nicole...tug-of-war and long jump too. She's one competitive little lady! I can't wait to see what she does in high school.


The Octacellies team ended up winning...
...and the Vipers were second!
Matthew I got to see all day so he has a variety of sports shown. Long distance run, hockey relay, tug-of-war and long jump at the real time!
They were all pretty proud of all the ribbons they won by the end of the day. I am proud to say that they each were awarded a ribbon at some of the individual events too...long distance run and long jump. It's fun to see how excited they get and how competitive they are yet too. Don't know where they get that from? Mom, is it from you? Must be! My mom, not me!
The Octacellies team ended up winning...
...and the Vipers were second!
1 comment:
Good job guys. It looks like you had a lot of fun at sports day...and you even won ribbons too!
Post a Comment