Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Valentine's Day - February 14, 2011
Valentine's Day is a day that we look forward to here. We make it a special day. I put little Valentine notes in everyone's lunch bag, give yummy treats for snacks, I make some of our food in heart shapes, Dave gets the kids and me some candy and I've received my fair share of flowers too! This year was no different. We had heart shaped desserts - white cake for Nicole and Matthew and chocolate mousse hearts for Dave, Jake and I. I got my favourite - cinnamon hearts and jelly belly's and Dave came home with flowers yet again.
It was red roses this year. It's nice to have floral contacts!
But this year Nicole had expectations too! Last year Dave got her a special rose to put in her room and this year when he came up the stairs holding onto 3 red roses she very quickly said, "Oh, I'll take those!" Hmmmm, her poor man one day will have very high expectations from his wife!



The yummy heart shaped desserts.



And most exciting of all the candy for the kids: LEGO candy! It's hours of fun! and they don't really want to eat it because they want to build with it. It's great because they very slowly eat it instead of gobbling it all up in an evening!

I love how we all expect the things we do for our Valentine's Day. I don't want it to be any different even if it ends up being the same every year and the kids expect it to be this way!

No comments: