Tuesday, 17 July 2012

May Long Weekend Camping
Pioneer Trails
Anacortes, Washington, USA

It's time for the annual camping trip again!  Once again we went to Pioneer Trails and yes the group became even larger this year!  I think there was somewhere around 21 families.  That made for a lot of kids and a lot of fun too.
Matthew and some friends found some frogs.  Those poor animals eventually made it back home again.
We went to Deception Pass State Park for an afternoon.  As usual the boys had a lot of fun with all the driftwood.
Jake and Bryce hard at work.
Nicole and Kyleigh....best friends.
While on the beach we saw off in the distance a submarine.
 Wind swept Nicole.
Nicole and some of her friends...
Kari, Kyleigh and Abigail.
Kaleb and Matthew just hanging out at the beach.
Matthew, pleasing his mom by letting her take yet another picture.
The girls having a blast getting to and from the big rock.
All on top!
Kelian, Abigail, Maya, Kyleigh, Nicole, Kari and Maddie
 Flowers and a pretty view.
Matthew and Kaleb checking out the blow hole.
the even managed to stay dry.
Jake, wonder of wonders, he is wet.  He's always one of the crazy kids that go swimming in the very cold ocean water! 
Yes, I was there too.
The grade 6 kids.
Jake, Chase, Bryce, Brooklyn, Nadia and Alisha
Some Gr 3 boys.
Tyson, Matthew, Kaleb and Adam
Pretty much all the kids we camped with and saw some of the time!  I think there were close to 85 kids.










And here comes trouble!




There were lots of games played!  It was a tad bit rainy one day so we moved some first ups and picnic tables to accommodate most of the ladies and their cards.
 The 3 kids we took with us!
The next few pictures were taken by Christina.  Thanks for passing them on.  I wasn't feeling well for most of the weekend so I didn't take many pictures.

Matthew played a lot of hockey on the basketball court.
Jake did too!  Notice the sign that says No
Skateboarding
Rollerblading
Bicycling

I think they disobeyed!
In a big way!
I think the park people were just happy that the large group of kids were really not that big of a problem!
The Gr. 6 gang. 
Gr 3 boys
Gr 4 girls playing a bit of Apples to Apples.
 Part of the camp group we were in.
Grade 3 hanging out playing a little bit of UNO.

No comments: