It has become our little family tradition to open our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve. This year was no different. Dave didn't have to go to work on Christmas Eve this year so we told the kids we would open the gifts after lunch instead of in the evening. They decided that we should maybe have brunch instead of lunch so that we could open the gifts earlier. What a good idea that was....since we are such sleepy heads and can't get our day organized any earlier for breakfast that is what we did.
The kids could hardly wait...of course...what kid would be able to wait? We started with the usual, the stockings. This year Grandpa and Grandma were here too so they got to open their stockings first. Then the kids and then Dave and I. We had the usual, socks, underwear and chocolate. Can't break with tradition!

Matthew got some special socks from Grandma....more 'slippie socks'!


After the stockings were done we started on the rest of the gifts. Jake and Matthew had been asking in the summer already if they could get a housecoat. Nicole had one and they thought it looked comfy. I finally found some this fall and they were and continue to be a hit. Nicole already had a housecoat so I found a red sweater/jacket for her. She LOVED the one I found for me and had asked if there was one her size at the store. Lucky for her I managed to find one her size. The kids were thrilled with the gifts they received. We got each of them a game too. Jake got Niagara, Nicole got Catan for Kids and Matthew got Bumpershot. So much fun...they could hardly wait to open them up to play them.
Grandpa and Grandma were given gifts too. Dave found some trailer levelers for Dad and I found some pottery for Mom. I think they were both thrilled!
Grandpa and Grandma spoiled the kids too. They found some neat ornaments for them. Ornaments are always fun to get. It's fun to pull them out every year and remember when, where and who we got them from. Dave also got an ornament and I got an owl to put in a garland. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma.
Nicole also got a special handmade gift from Grandma. She made a 'Hug Sweater' for her. She has made lots of them for her granddaughters and Nicole was not to be left out. She wears it ALL the time! It's her favourite one....and why wouldn't it be the favourite one? It's full of hugs from Grandma. I wonder if it needs to be refilled from time to time?
We saved the best for last. This year we got the kids a Wii. We were lucky enough to have saved enough points at PriceSmart/Save-On-Foods to get it with our points. We had been saving up through the summer to get a large basketball hoop but when I went to redeem the points the hoop was no longer in the points catalogue. I looked through the book and saw that we had just about enough points for the Wii. With some help from Mom Spoor we got the Wii. It came with 2 games, Mario Kart and Wii Sports, and 2 of all the controllers needed. It was a great deal and Oh so exciting to open up! We, Mom, Dad, Dave and I had to set it up and try it out the night before just to make sure it was in working order! It's going to be so much fun!
What's inside these last 3 boxes?
Is it really? Or are they just more boxes from Uncle Rich and Auntie Carolyn's pile? Dave had given me the Wii Fit and Personal Trainer but he passed me those gifts before the kids had opened their Wii so I had to twist the truth a little. I said Dad must have taken the wrong boxes from the warehouse, that he must have taken Uncle Rich's boxes instead of ours. Silly Dad. Jake wasn't buying it all the way but I don't think he really wanted to get his hopes up.
Yes, it's a Wii!! We got a WiiEEEEE!!
We thought they would want to get right to it and play that Wii but after opening it they asked if they could play with their new Lego sets and games. Of course that was okay.... I think they were still not quite believing it that they really did have a Wii. So they made their Lego and played a game....then they went to the Wii.
So yes, once again we were very spoiled with all our gifts. They all been well used already!
No comments:
Post a Comment