Monday, 1 November 2010

September 17, 2010
Jake turns 10! It was a school day so it was a bit of a rush in the morning but Jake still had time to open his gifts. He was thrilled with his new Toys R Us Lego set, 1968 Mustang model kit and a watch. I can't believe I didn't get a good picture of our Jake but I didn't. It was a busy day. There was school all day, a quick dinner after the bus ride and then off to the hockey arena for his hockey evaluation to determine which team he would be playing for. An exciting day but a busy one!





Because Jake had already had his birthday party and he had all the boys at a combined one he had his best friend Ben over after the hockey evaluations for a sleepover. These 2 are 2 peas in a pod. Have always considered the other to be the best friend and never forget about each other. It's so fun that they can have this relationship and it's been fun for us to watch it develop into a strong friendship over the years. Jake and Ben are NEVER at a loss as to what to do. There are so many adventures waiting to happen.....like squirrel catching, fort building, berry picking and mess making. They never seem to run out of things to say to each other and I have never seen them fight. Sounds like something lasting to me.
This time they collected berries and mushed them up. Makes for a wonderful mess and red fingers.

3 comments:

Henry and Jules said...

That is so awesome for Jake to have such a great friend. Are they in the same class too?

Jenn said...

Mmmm home made berry jam! I remember doing that...So yummy! Happy b-day Jake!

Annette said...

Great picture! It is fun to have such history...can't wait to see them as teens...boy are we in trouble!