August 6, 2013
Michelle asked me to come along with her to Lynn Canyon. The 2 of us went.....but we took a few kids and a dog along too. Nicole wanted a friend along as Michelle doesn't have a girl Nicole's age so she asked Kari to come. Then Michelle asked if Cody, Tianna and Jaimee could come with her. So....that made the kid count total up to 10! We piled into 2 vehicles and off we went to terrorize the peaceful Lynn Canyon.
I hate this bridge! It's a loooooong way down and the suspension bridge moves! Not my thing but the kids sure like it!
Nicole is not scared at all. She leans over the edge freaking the living daylights out of me. Apparently it's fun to spit over the edge and watch it hit the rushing water way too far below!
Jake and NoahTianna, Kari and Nicole.....no lack of girls today!
Matthew
Ryan and Matthew
Jake and Noah are 2 peas in a pod. They NEVER follow the path and are ALWAYS on top of something! Why follow the rules when you can live on the edge?
We even saw some wild life! A mouse.Matthew's leg......
He was running along the rocky, tree root filled path and smashed his knee open. I am a bad and unprepared mom...you would think I would have learned by now to be prepared for crazy, wild kids....but no, I am not. I didn't have any Bandaids. Good thing there were a few camp counselors walking around with their camp kids, fully prepared for an emergency. Some guy lent me some Bandaids so I could get this all fixed up.
Good thing he's Tougher than T-Rex! That was quite the gash.The girls...posing for me again.
At the top again!
Cody, Jake and Noah
The noise!
Ryan, Matthew, Cody, Kari, Nicole, Tianna, Sara, Jake, Jaimee and Noah
Jumping from boulder to boulder is really a lot of fun!
Matthew is just as adventurous as his older brother.
Along the trail you come to a pool of water with cliffs all around it. Jake was eager to get jumping. He was rather perturbed with me when I wouldn't let him jump the 20-30 ft cliffs! I told him he would have to wait for his dad to be with him to do that.
Our daring girl....Nicole. She's in there and doing the crazy stuff along with her brother....never to be out done!
Water has never been a favourite for Matthew and today was no exception. He doesn't jump in without over thinking it. He slowly glides in and does it just to say that he did it.
Made it to the other side.
Jake and Noah....living on the edge....again! This tree branch was pretty high up and hanging over a rather steep slope.
We spent a long time at Lynn Canyon. There is so much to do. The weather was smokin' hot and it was fun to just sit and watch the kids play on the rocks and jump into the water.
The water was refreshing. It had warmed up a lot since the last time I had been there with Nicole's class in June.
They jumped and jumped and jumped all afternoon!
I don't think he got his hair wet all day!
She couldn't get enough of the jumping in.
What a fun place to spend the day....and to top it all off, all this fun is for free! Free parking, no admission to cross the bridge and gorgeous, clean water to play in!
No comments:
Post a Comment