September 7, 2013
Every year Langley has the car show and we have never gone. This year we decided it would be fun to go. The weather was perfect to be outside in. The boys thought it was a good way to spend the day but Nicole was NOT impressed to be looking at cars all day! She got over it.
There were so many cool cars. From newer to very, very old.
This is Matthew's thing. He was super interested in all the cars.
Even I had to get into a car. I chose this one because it is a 1970 Mustang....the year I was born!
...and he was super excited to be able to go inside them too!
I think this was a '68 mustang and Dave used to have one!
Mmmm....snow cones!That's one of my favourite treats....that and cotton candy!
Cars! Rust-eze! Kachow!
Oh yes, we were even entertained by Elvis! You ain't nothing but a hound dog.....
Then there was a motorcycle show to watch. This is when things got more exciting for Nicole. Not only could we sit down for a while but we didn't have to look at cars that just sit there doing nothing. At least this was entertaining.
This man was quite the flirt and had a wink or a smile for us every time he came around.
They did some amazing tricks and all on these vintage bikes.
It did make me think of the book:
Bears on Wheels by Jan & Stan Berenstain though.
This would be 10 bears on 8 wheels.
Crazy stunts.
3 bears on 2 wheels
6 bears on 2 wheels
Nuts....they said that the older more experienced guys get to drive the bikes and the younger new recruits get to do the crazy stunts! I am scared to think what Jake would do.....try to stand on the feet of the guy upside down?
2 bears on 2 wheels
4 bears on 2 wheelsThis was 10 bears on 6 wheels!
After the show the kids were given the opportunity to sit on the bikes. I love this one of Matthew.
Jake's just old!Oh, it was so very tempting to pick up those legs and tip him on into the pool!
More cars on the way back to the truck and home again.
This truck was parked right near our truck and it was loud! I think they were having a bit of a tough time getting it going but they did!
No comments:
Post a Comment