October 8 & 10, 2013
More shop prep...
The tree must come down...
It's a monster of a tree and it's even been topped!
Back fence view of the yard.
This is the tree that I am really sad to see go. It has grown so much since we moved in and it really is a nice tree. I think it might have been a Balsam Fir, not all the way sure though. But, it's in the way too.
October 10, 2013
And it's gone....or rather it's all chopped up. I wasn't happy with Dave to be getting this done while I was at work but that's the day the tree guy could come. So, no pictures to show the process just the finished product.
New back of the yard view.
Bert came to take all the wood away. They heat their house with wood stoves and were happy to get some fee wood. We were happy to get rid of the wood for nothing!
Matthew was out there right away with his measuring tape to measure how big the tree was.
39 inches across but that's not the biggest part of the tree. It was 53 inches at the largest part! That is a huge tree!
The logs were fun to run across.
The new view from the deck!
Our yard is huge....right now.
Saw dust...that's all that's left.
No comments:
Post a Comment