Thursday, 9 October 2014

Crescent Lake
August 10, 2014

We had a nice lazy morning on Matthew's birthday.  Slept in....just a bit....had a yummy breakfast, watched Matthew open some gifts and ate some cake!  Nice and lazy. 

But, we have plans....

Off to the beach we go!
That lady in town also told us we needed to go to Crescent Lake.  It is a glacier fed lake so likely a bit cool but since we were Canadians we should be used to that!  Ha!  Little does she know that we have weather just like they do.....hot!  Anyway, we went to the lake and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!
The water was cool but not any cooler than Cultus Lake.  The water was super clear and very blue too! 
Do I or do I not jump in.....


Big brothers are a pain sometimes....

Jake.....shoving Nicole in!

I'm thinking she really didn't mind.
Look at how blue that water is and how clear it is!
Jake flipping around.


Oh, did I mention that Jake has been reading a few books this trip?
 Jake, the old kid.

The beach was not sandy but rather like a smooth rock ledge.  We could dive in right off the shores edge. 
Even Matthew dove in!
This ball hardly left his side....
We swam a LOT today.  It was super hot out and the water was very refreshing.  Because it was clear we didn't feel grungy after being in the water.


A beautiful lake on a beautiful day is what it was!

No comments: