Monday, 13 October 2014

Touring Port Townsend
August 13, 2014

The weather for this part of the trip wasn't the best.  We've had some rain and it's not really beach weather.  We would have liked to go back to that beach in town or to check out one of the little lakes around the area but the weather was just not good enough to get into bathing suits!  Marnie and I had gone into town one afternoon to check out the thrift and antique shops but there were still a good amount of shops in town that we wanted to check out so we all went as a family.  Shopping with kids is really not a thing Dave and I discovered to be a fun family event but we survived and saw lots of cool things in the process.  The buildings in town were old and very neat.
The kids found things to climb and sit on...

As I said the weather was not the best and it was misty and rainy today.  The umbrellas came in handy that's for sure.  Nicole and her daddy....up to no good those 2! 

See....they found things to climb....
I was on the hunt for pottery and we found this shop where an artist was busy making some sort of bowl.  We didn't buy anything here....not my style of stuff.  It was interesting to watch her work the clay though. 
Oh Matthew.....

This was supposed to be an underground area with shops...it wasn't very interesting.  Not much down there. 
There was this little door though, just the right size for Matthew, Dylan and Brooklyn.  They knocked on the door and someone knocked back....kind of surprised them and was good for a laugh. 
Such a cool building.  Lots of history in town. 
Nicole likes shoes.....

.....she found a sale.
The mist on the leaves and the fog in the air made for this cool shot.  I think I want to blow this one up!
The kids thought I was weird and a tad bit rude taking a picture of these ladies but I couldn't resist.  They were so eclectically dressed, walking through town with their 2 dogs....the buildings weren't the only interesting things to see..... 
Matthew found a nice table for me....


....it was only $4500!  I might have to pass but it was beautiful.  Don't think I would want the kids to be eating around it though. 
The ferry we took.

No comments: