Hockey Camp
August 9-13
We did it....we signed Jake up for hockey this winter. Of the 15 boys in Jake's class there are only a few that do not play hockey. Jake has been wanting to play for the last little bit and we finally took the step and signed him up. But, since the other boys his age are all a bit more 'weathered' we thought it would be a good idea to put him into a hockey camp so that he could be a bit more confident on the ice. He was thrilled to be in the camp and happy that a friend, Liam, could be in the same one. We got our first taste of early mornings and smelly equipment and now we're in it for the long haul.
Jake did very well and is now much more comfortable on the ice.
"Oh, if only I was a year older....then I could play too." I don't think we'll be making Matthew wait until Grade 5 to play. He's going to want to start next year!
1 comment:
Have fun being a hockey mom! We went from 2 boys in hockey last year (also their first time) to 3 this year. I think we will be spending just a little bit of time at the rink.... And you're right, you are now in it for the long haul, esp. after forking out the money for equipment, can't just play one year in that!
Miss you! Elaine P.
Post a Comment